Hey, I'm Nataly. This is my story.
I'm an entrepreneur, speaker, coach, and author passionate about helping people design and live their lives to be what they genuinely want.
I founded Happier, Inc. after my own chase of happiness based on achievement and success failed and I turned to science to understand what truly leads to a happier life. Through our mobile apps and innovative wellness courses, we've helped nearly a million people create and discover small awesome moments in their lives. What I’ve learned from having the privilege to help thousands of people live a more meaningful, fuller life has been incredible and has become the basis for my coaching practice.
Before Happier I was a digital media executive, a venture investor, and an analyst with McKinsey & Co. in NYC. (I managed to squeeze in a few more start-ups in there, including a student-publishing company I ran with my husband from our tiny NYC apartment, but that’s a longer story.)
When I was 13 years old my family and I came as refugees from Russia to the United States. This experience of struggle and triumph and more struggle came to shape a great deal of what and who I am – and was in many ways the foundation for everything I’ve done since.
But the really important stuff is what makes me happier:
- Making art or cooking with my 11 year-old daughter.
- Watching movies with my husband, which we’ve been doing since college.
- Walking in NYC, which is forever my American home, even though we now live in Boston.
- Wearing crazy rings.
- Eating croissant ends, steak, cherries, pomegranate and really thick greek yogurt (hopefully not together).
- Listening to my mom play piano, which she teaches and which I don’t play, but practice with my kiddo, who rocks at it.
- Going to museums, never missing my favorite Modigliani.
- Drinking Rioja, California Zins (recent discovery) or Chilean Pinot.
- Reading Garcia Marquez, Milan Kundera, or Isabel Allende.
- Talking to my dad while eating cranberries or sunflower seeds and feeling like all will always be OK.
- Inhaling Barcelona, Berlin, Paris or Montreal.